The purpose of the Inclusion Council is to foster ways to make OHR as inclusive and welcoming of a workplace as possible, providing OHR staff with the knowledge and skills to better interact with all populations represented at the University of Minnesota and its partners.
Every Tuesday: Inclusion Council weekly meetings. The council welcomes all OHR staff on Tuesdays each week from 11:30 a.m. to noon to share support and encouragement with one another in becoming a more inclusive community. Contact Josh Iniguez ([email protected]) for the Zoom link.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Resources
- "Tips for Navigating Challenging Conversations"
- "What Did You Just Say? Responses to Racist Comments"
- Books on equity, diversity, and inclusion
- TED Talks on equity, diversity, and inclusion
- University affinity groups: The Office for Equity and Diversity provides contact information for affinity groups such as the Black Faculty & Staff Association, Disabled Employees at the U, Pride at Work, and many others.
- More resources
The MEDIA (Multicultural Explorations in Diversity, Inclusion, and Awareness) Club is a periodic discussion group for books, audio, video, and other media, as a way of promoting challenging conversations about inclusion, equity, and diversity. Look for Inclusion Council emails on upcoming events.
- February 2022: Black History
- January 2022: Asian Americans
- November 2021: "Highlighting Native American Heritage Month"
- November 2021: "Addressing Environmental and Climate Justice"
- September 2021: "Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month"
- August 2021: "Understanding Gender Identity"
- July 2021: "Health and Wellbeing in the Flexible Workplace"
- June 2021: "Celebrating Pride Month"
- May 2021: "Exploring Generational Differences in the Workplace"
- April 2021: "April Is Celebrate Diversity Month"
- March 2021: "Women's History Month"
- February 2021: "Black History Month"
- March 16, 2022
- December 15, 2021
- June 16, 2021:
- March 31, 2021:
- December 16, 2020:
- September 23, 2020:
Inclusion Council Charter
Read the Inclusion Council's brief charter to learn more about the group's vision, mission, purpose, and primary activities.