Enrolling in an FSA

As a New Employee

Enroll online through MyU within 30 days of your date of employment or your newly benefits-eligible job. Your Flexible Spending Account starts on the first day of the month following your first day in your new job.

During Open Enrollment

Every year during Open Enrollment in November you can sign up for new benefits, including FSAs.

FSAs do not automatically renew from year-to-year, so if you’d like to continue an FSA for the next calendar year, you must re-enroll online through MyU during Open Enrollment.

After a Change in Your Family

Having a major change in your family, such as getting married or having a baby, is another opportunity to enroll in an FSA. Contact Employee Benefits through the OHR Contact Center at benefi[email protected] or 612-624-8647 within 30 days of your family change.