COVID-19 Benefit Coverage Is Changing, Effective July 1, 2023
Monday, May 15, 2023 - 15:10
The federal government announced May 11, 2023, as the end of the public health emergency from COVID-19. As a result, medical plan coverage for certain services will change back to what it was before the public health emergency. University benefit participants will see coverage changes for COVID-related services starting July 1, 2023, including:
- Vaccines: In-network providers can continue to administer vaccines at no cost to you.
- Over-the-counter tests: No longer covered under the pharmacy plan, but you can use your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to purchase COVID tests.
- Antibody treatment: Deductible, copay, or coinsurance benefit will apply.
- Inpatient treatment: Deductible, copay, or coinsurance benefit will apply.
- Diagnostic testing, antibody testing, and associated services for COVID: Deductible, copay, or coinsurance benefit will apply.