The purpose of the Inclusion Council is to foster ways to make OHR as inclusive and welcoming of a workplace as possible, providing OHR staff with the knowledge and skills to better interact with all populations represented at the University of Minnesota and its partners.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Resources
- "Tips for Navigating Challenging Conversations"
- "What Did You Just Say? Responses to Racist Comments"
- Books on equity, diversity, and inclusion
- TED Talks on equity, diversity, and inclusion
- University affinity groups: The Office for Equity and Diversity provides contact information for affinity groups such as the Black Faculty & Staff Association, Disabled Employees at the U, Pride at Work, and many others.
- More resources
The MEDIA (Multicultural Explorations in Diversity, Inclusion, and Awareness) Club is a periodic discussion group for books, audio, video, and other media, as a way of promoting challenging conversations about inclusion, equity, and diversity. Look for Inclusion Council emails on upcoming events.
- February 2022: Black History
- January 2022: Asian Americans
- November 2021: "Highlighting Native American Heritage Month"
- November 2021: "Addressing Environmental and Climate Justice"
- September 2021: "Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month"
- August 2021: "Understanding Gender Identity"
- July 2021: "Health and Wellbeing in the Flexible Workplace"
- June 2021: "Celebrating Pride Month"
- May 2021: "Exploring Generational Differences in the Workplace"
- April 2021: "April Is Celebrate Diversity Month"
- March 2021: "Women's History Month"
- February 2021: "Black History Month"
- March 16, 2022
- December 15, 2021
- June 16, 2021:
- March 31, 2021:
- December 16, 2020:
- September 23, 2020:
Inclusion Council Charter
Read the Inclusion Council's brief charter to learn more about the group's vision, mission, purpose, and primary activities.