Who we are
The Employee and Labor Relations team provides expert and collaborative consultation services to foster respectful, inclusive and effective work environments. We are a team of HR consultants with deep experience in HR best practices across multiple sectors. We are distinguished by our keen understanding of employment law, University policies and labor relations, and the ability to resolve complex workforce issues and serve as a trusted advisor to leaders.
What we do
Employee and Labor Relations consultants provide support in the areas of:
- Conflict Resolution
- Correction Action Administration
- Employment Practices
- Labor Relations
- Layoffs and Non-Renewals
- Performance Management
- Policy Interpretation
How we help
- Interprets and applies employment-related policies, rules, and contracts, including guidance on policies without precedent.
- Assists with performance management issues, ranging from hiring, rewards and recognition, to discipline and termination.
- Resolves conflicts and manages difficult workplace situations, including facilitating union grievances.
- Provides customized training on employment subjects.
- Leads units through organizational development and structural changes.
- Supports unit HR in meeting the MPact 2025 goals to increase job satisfaction, recruit and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff, and support on-campus employment opportunities for all students.
Mandatory Labor Posters
Required Federal Postings
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
|Pay Transparency - Chinese (pdf)|
E-Verify Right to Work
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
Required Minnesota State Postings
2022: English (pdf)
2023: English (pdf)
2022: Spanish (pdf)
2023: Spanish (pdf)
2022: Hmong (pdf)
2023: Hmong (pdf)
2022: Somali (pdf)
2023: Somali (pdf)
2022: Chinese (pdf)
2023: Chinese (pdf)
|Nursing Mothers, Lactating Employees, and Pregnancy Accommodations||English (pdf)||Spanish (pdf)||Hmong (pdf)||Somali (pdf)||Chinese (pdf)|