What is the EAP?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential professional counseling, coaching, and referral services to address any personal or work concerns that affect your wellbeing. You can receive up to eight sessions per issue at no cost, including issues such as:
- Job concerns and work productivity
- Personal, interpersonal, and work relationships
- Conflict resolution
- Family issues
- Adjustment to grief/loss or change
- Coping with stress
- Mental health
- Chemical dependence
What is changing?
Although Lyra is the new provider as of January 1, you will still have access to the same services as before, including counseling, legal, child and eldercare resources, and other work-life services. However, transitioning our EAP to Lyra also provides access to:
- Identity theft assistance
- Pet care resources
- An expanded global network of over 20,000 behavioral health providers, including 683 located in Minnesota with 108 who can support pediatric mental health
- A culturally responsive approach to supporting people across a wide range of clinical needs, cultural backgrounds, and abilities
Our new partnership with Lyra Health also provides the opportunity to continue mental health care beyond the eight EAP sessions for employees and their dependents as in-network mental health providers under the medical plan.
How do I get help with Lyra?
First, create a free account at umn.lyrahealth.com. Then use Lyra's online platform, call the Care Navigator Team at 1-877-295-8939, or email email@example.com to share what you’re going through. The Lyra team will discuss different care options and tools that fit your needs and preferences, and get you started right away.
What if I was already seeing an EAP counselor?
If you are currently seeing a counselor through our previous EAP provider, Sand Creek, you will be able to continue with your current counselor through your eighth session.