For the rest of FY23, approvals for unbudgeted positions and for any positions* paying $75,000 per year or more must be approved by OHR or the Provost's Office. Unit HR shall submit an exception request if their units need:
- New staff and/or union faculty positions that are not in the approved budget, and/or
- Any new or replacement positions* that pay more than $75,000/year
OHR will review requests and respond accordingly.
Deans shall discuss the need for tenured, tenure-track faculty (TTTF) positions outside of the approved budget with the Provost directly.
We’ve created an easy-to-use Google Form to submit such position approval requests.
* Please note: several types of positions require no approval from the Office of the Provost or the Office of Human Resources. They include:
- Graduate assistants
- Interns, Residents and Fellows
- Any 100% research grant-funded positions
- P&A instructors and lecturers
- Term faculty
- Positions under $75,000/year that are already budgeted for FY23