Emergency Medical and Travel Assistance Services and Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation Coverage for Travel up to 6 Months from Redpoint
Your Basic Life Insurance plan includes automatic enrollment in Redpoint, an emergency assistance program, for you and your covered family members, including spouses and children under age 26. This service provides 24/7 multilingual assistance plus immediate help in a travel-related emergency, whether you are 100 or more miles from home or traveling internationally. University Medical Plan members can have medical services covered for themselves and their dependents while traveling and Redpoint will assist with arranging related services.
Redpoint services include:
- Help at every step. Redpoint offers pre-trip resources, emergency assistance and evacuation services, as well as intelligence and travel assistance services.
- Worldwide medical and dental care referrals. Offers assistance in locating the nearest appropriate health care provider.
- Dispatch of doctors or specialists and coordination of admission into a hospital.* Redpoint arranges needed medical evacuation from your current location to the nearest appropriate hospital. However, only University Medical Plan participants will have coverage for related medical care.
- Emergency travel assistance. Flight arrangements, including arranging for tickets, visas, and logistical arrangements in case you are involved in a political emergency or a natural disaster.
- Evacuation due to a political emergency or natural disaster: University to pay evacuation costs.
- Medical emergency: Traveler must be covered by the University medical benefit for travel cost coverage.
*Medical services are only available for University Medical Plan participants. If you participate in the University’s Basic Life Insurance benefit but do not participate in the University Medical Plan, then the related medical services will be paid for by the participant.
Details on Redpoint Emergency Travel Services (PDF)
If you have questions, visit LifeBenefits.com/travel or contact Redpoint by calling 855-516-5433 (U.S. and Canada), or +1-415-484-4677 (collect calls accepted) or email [email protected].
University retirees have a separate travel program available for purchase through UnitedHealthcare Global.