HR Inclusion in Practice brings together human resources professionals from across the University with the goal of cultivating an inclusive and equity-focused workplace.
You have the chance to learn from your human resources colleagues who are practicing EDI in their daily work, so you can gain the knowledge and skills to better interact with all populations represented at the University of Minnesota and its partners.
We believe that equity and inclusion will result in diversity and enable all employees to better serve their community, and that resources and training should be simple and accessible. This work was formerly part of the OHR Inclusion Council, but grew into what we now call HR Inclusion in Practice.
HR Inclusion in Practice meets quarterly to highlight equity and inclusion in action within the HR space at the University. The dates and times below are tentative, as scheduling allows. OHR staff and HR leads across the University will receive an invitation to join us once event details are finalized.
- May 2023 | Development & Retention
- July 2023 | Culturally Competent Leadership
- October 2023 | Systemic Barrier Mitigation
- January 2024 | Diverse Talent Pipeline Development
Although the former Inclusion Council newsletters are no longer being published, the information and resources contained in this archive may be helpful references.
- February 2022: Black History
- January 2022: Asian Americans
- November 2021: Highlighting Native American Heritage Month
- November 2021: Addressing Environmental and Climate Justice
- September 2021: Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- August 2021: Understanding Gender Identity
- July 2021: Health and Wellbeing in the Flexible Workplace
- June 2021: Celebrating Pride Month
- May 2021: Exploring Generational Differences in the Workplace
- April 2021: April Is Celebrate Diversity Month
- March 2021: Women's History Month
- February 2021: Black History Month