Your Dental Coverage
Dental plan options for retirees of all ages and participants on disability status are the same options that are available to active employees. As you consider your options, you may want to check which of the UPlan dental plans your dentist participates in and enroll accordingly. You can select any dental plan that is available in the area where you live or worked. You pay the full cost of the coverage you select. Statements will be mailed to you directly from your dental plan administrator.
For all of the dental plans, the annual maximum benefit is $2,000 per person per contract year.
Dental Plan Descriptions:
Delta Dental PPO
- Network-only plan offers the greatest cost savings when receiving care from a dentist in the PPO network, except for out-of-area emergencies.
- Network includes nearly 1,700 participating dentists and specialists in 75 Minnesota counties and border communities.
- National Delta Dental PPO network offers 89,500 participating dentists across the country.
- Delta Dental PPO has the lowest rates for the Twin Cities and Duluth areas.
Delta Dental Premier
- Flexible plan offers access to the broad Delta Dental Premier network and the PPO network, and offers out-of-network benefits.
- Largest dental network in Minnesota with more than 3,100 participating dentists and specialists in Minnesota and border communities.
- Largest dental network in the country with over 145,000 participating providers.
- Seeing a dentist in a Delta Dental network will help you make the most of your benefits and can result in lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Delta Dental Premier has the lowest rates for the Greater Minnesota area but higher rates for the Twin Cities and Duluth areas.
Dental Plan Comparison for Retirees
|Plan||Diagnostic & Preventive Care||Basic Restorative Care||Major Restorative Care||Emergency Services||Orthodontics|
|Delta Dental Premier: In-network||100% coverage||80% coverage||50% coverage||Emergency dental services provided same as eligible dental services||80% coverage|
|Delta Dental Premier: Out-of-network||50% coverage||After $125 annual deductible, 50% coverage||No coverage||After $125 annual deductible, emergency dental services provided same as eligible out-of-network services||50% coverage|
|Delta Dental PPO: In-network coverage only||100% coverage||80% coverage||50% coverage||In-network services provided same as any service; out-of-network services apply $50 deductible then same as any in-network service||80% coverage|
2022 & 2023 Dental Rates for Retirees
Retiree or Disability Status only; Spouse under age 65 only; or one Dependent Child only
|Delta Dental PPO||$37.61|
|Delta Dental Premier||$46.11|
Retiree or Disability Status and Children; Spouse under age 65 and Children; Surviving Spouse and Children; or two or more Dependent Children only
|Delta Dental PPO||$90.03|
|Delta Dental Premier||$109.89|
Retiree or Disability Status and Spouse with or without Children
|Delta Dental PPO||$104.43|
|Delta Dental Premier||$128.07|
Dental Plan Contact Information