University of Minnesota faculty and staff enjoy unique discounts and opportunities as employees.
- Regents Scholarship Program helps pay employee tuition for University courses.
- M Tech in the Bookstore offers special savings to University employees, including interest-free financing for select technology purchases to qualified staff and faculty with repayment through payroll deduction.
- College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS). Staff and faculty members receive a 50% discount on professional development courses, which cover a range of topics.
- Outdoor Equipment Rental. Faculty and staff can rent gear from the University Recreation and Wellness, including tents, bikes, canoes, paddleboards, and more. (Twin Cities Campus)
- Look for more discounts in college and administrative units.
University Added-Value Perks
- Fresh Meat and Dairy Products. The Food Science and Nutrition Department's Dairy Food Products Salesroom is open to the public. Seasonal offerings from the CFANS Market include organic produce from a student-run farm, honey, and Christmas trees. (Twin Cities Campus)
- Goldstein Museum of Design, the Weisman Art Museum, and other free museums and galleries. (Twin Cities Campus)
- University Events. Search among hundreds of on-campus lectures, performances, and events by campus: Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, and Twin Cities. Check out the courses and events offered by Extension across the state.
- Gopher Sports. Watch student-athletes compete in over a dozen sports. Look for emails on ticket discounts from the Athletics Department.
- University Libraries. All faculty and staff can use the campus libraries to get answers to questions, use online databases and streaming services, or check out materials and have them delivered to your workplace.
Discounts Outside the U
- Entertainment, Services, and Travel Discounts through Minnesota Employee Recreation & Services Council (MERSC). University employees can get discounts on event tickets, home and professional services, and more through the Minnesota Employee Recreation & Services Council (MERSC). For information on how to get your discounts, the proof of employment you'll need, and other restrictions, see the MERSC site. (All discounts offered through UPerks, whether they are listed here or with MERSC, are given without any endorsement or guarantee from the University of Minnesota. The University is not liable for businesses not honoring discounts.)
- Vehicle Purchase Program (pdf). Full-time University employees can take advantage of a vehicle purchase program which offers discounts on new cars from a vendor partner.