The mission of Payroll Services is to provide the highest standards of payroll services to students, faculty, and staff in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
Our primary objective is to help University departments produce timely and accurate compensation payments to employees, along with timely and accurate tax withholding and reporting to federal and state agencies.
See Internal Controls—Departmental Payroll Processing (pdf) for recommended controls to use with:
- General payroll processing
- Prompt employee wage payments
- Time card processing
- Vacation and sick leave processing
- PeopleSoft entry and verification of payroll
- Overtime/comp time and miscellaneous earnings codes
Separation of Duties—Departmental Payroll Processing (pdf) provides guidelines for processing payroll as recommended by the University of Minnesota Department of Audits.