The Expression of Interest process for Phase 1 units has concluded. Unfilled positions will soon be posted internally for 10 days for University employees. After that period, positions will be open to both University employees and external job seekers.
Meet HR PEAK
Taking Pride in Educating and Advocating for Employees
Learn how Leave Specialist Julie Vue advanced her personal and professional development by joining the HR Operations Center to support leave of absence.
As part of the first service launched for HR PEAK, Julie’s been excited to be part of a new department and help shape the development process as she and colleagues “workshop and brainstorm” ideas on how to fine-tune how to better serve employees.
Helping People Through a Vulnerable Time
Being the first person that an employee calls if they need an extended leave of absence means that Naomi Schaffhausen can help them if they need to step away from work to care for themself, their families, or to fulfill their military obligation.
Working remotely, Naomi and her colleagues rely on one another to learn and support each other, employees, and supervisors as they navigate federal requirements and University policies.
Five Reasons to Work in the HR Operations Center
- We serve the University’s mission and support employees systemwide. Our work enables teaching, research, and outreach by attracting and retaining high caliber faculty, staff, and students.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an integral part of HR. It touches every part of our work and contributes to faculty and staff retention and student success.
- We support your engagement and wellbeing.As leaders in HR, we’re focused on creating a workplace where you can thrive and your feedback is valued.
- You can grow and develop professionally. You’ll be surrounded by HR experts who’ve worked in UMN colleges and units and many are active in the broader HR community. Both formal and informal leadership opportunities are available.
- Teamwork and collaboration are valued. We support one another and focus on continually improving our services. Team communications are important to us since we have a flexible workspace approach and flexible schedules