The Graduate Assistant Health Plan provides medical and dental coverage to eligible graduate assistants working 195 hours during the official semester payroll dates.
Office of Student Health Benefits
Boynton Health Service
612-624-0627 or [email protected]
Informal Sick Leave
Graduate assistants can get up to two weeks of paid informal sick leave for you or your dependent child.
If you are absent repeatedly, your department may ask for a doctor's certification that you are unable to work.
Graduate assistants may be eligible for parental, family, or personal medical leave, depending on your appointment. See the links below for more information on policies.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Policy
- Parental Leave for Academic Employees
- Paid Medical Leave for Faculty and Academic Professional and Administrative Employees
- Employee Absences for Religious Holidays Military, Court Appearance, or Civic Duty Leaves
- Emergency Pandemic Leave for COVID-19
Note: Graduate assistants do not receive paid vacation.