Leadership Development Programs from Leadership and Talent Development will help you to build your leadership skills and leverage your capabilities to positively impact your department, employees, and work teams.
The College LEADS program helps faculty build their leadership skills to address the University’s six unique leadership challenges. Faculty members participate in assessments, personal coaching, classroom sessions, online activities, and simulations. Participants will join a cohort of other faculty members in their college in person once a month for nine months.
- Understand the keys to effective leadership
- Gain valuable insight from senior leaders at the University during panel discussions
- Increase self-awareness through assessments and one-on-one coaching
- Apply leadership best practices through simulations
Tailored Leadership Programs and Coaching
We work with teams and individual leaders to develop programs based on the specific needs of your college, campus, or unit. We always begin the program with an intake process and assessment to ensure we deliver a program that is aligned with your goals.
Assessments are an effective tool to gather information about faculty and staff to use to make plans for the future.
Developmental Assessments are used as a feedback tool for personal development. These kinds of assessments give faculty and staff the self-awareness needed to perform effectively. We administer two assessments:
- Customized 360-degree assessment based on the specific U of M leadership Challenges
- Hogan Insight series which provides scientifically validated information about an individual’s strengths, performance risks, and core values.
Leadership Selection Assessments measure a candidate’s readiness for critical leadership roles. We deploy leadership selection assessments based on the unique needs and requirements for a particular leadership role and designed to inform hiring decisions.
For more information about these programs contact Leadership and Talent Development, [email protected].