If you are a member of a University medical plan, you have access to a personalized program to help you proactively manage your health.
The diabetes support, offered through Omada, is available for:
- Prevention: Build healthy habits and lower your risk of diabetes through small but powerful changes.
- Management: Keep glucose levels in check with new ways to eat well, move more, and manage stress.
How the Program Works
The goal is to provide you with the tools and support you need to reach your health goals, whether that’s lowering your risk of diabetes, staying on top of your diabetes, or improving overall health. The program includes:
- A professional health coach for ongoing one-on-one guidance. Coaches have expertise to help you in ways that work for you.
- Connected devices (scale and/or glucose meter and strips) automatically synced to a private account.
- Weekly online lessons to help you explore physical, social, and psychological components of healthy living, including the essential knowledge and skills to self-manage conditions like diabetes.
- A small online community of peers with similar health conditions for real-time encouragement, sharing, and support.
If you or your adult family members are at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease or are currently living with diabetes, and enrolled in a University medical plan, this program is offered at no cost to you.
Complete the online application at omadahealth.com/umn to find out if you meet the clinical criteria to participate in the program. Once you complete the application, if you are eligible to enroll, you will receive an email invitation to join the program.