Tax Return Information for Nonresident Foreign National Employees

The University of Minnesota doesn't provide tax advice, but International Student and Scholar Services provides tax information and software on their site to help sort through tax rules and forms affecting nonresident foreign national employees.

If you received wages or a nonqualified scholarship or fellowship from the University of Minnesota, after year's end you will receive a Form W-2, Form 1042-S, or both from Payroll Services. You will need these forms when filing your annual tax return.

If you need a copy of your form, please email or call the Office of Human Resources Contact Center at, 612-624-8647, or 800-756-2363.