The following provisions should be incorporated into the appointment letter:
- Preferred name. If applicable, also include the following statement: The University recognizes that your preferred name is [preferred name], however for the purpose of taxes and other legal documents outlined at https://z.umn.edu/LegalName we are required to include your legal name, [legal name], in this document.
- University job title and corresponding job code
Note: When using the title in presentations, publications, business cards, etc., it is expected that the full title including prefixes (e.g., adjunct, clinical) would be used. The title should only be used when conducting University business or when providing a summary of work experience. Other information/guidelines on the appropriate use of the P&A title may be provided by the appointing department.
- Working job title, if different from the University job title.
- Employee ID.
- Specific University of Minnesota college/campus/administrative unit and, if applicable, department/division for this position.
- The name of the person to whom the position reports.
- Whether the appointment is an academic professional or academic administrative position.
- Percent time of appointment, where appropriate.
- Appointment type.
- Appointment term (length of appointment) including beginning and ending dates.
- Employee can view electronic Notice of Appointment in the My Info tab of MyU. The notice should be consistent with the terms of this appointment letter.
- Listing of appropriate privileges/benefits.
- General position responsibilities and performance expectations.
- When required by the Administrative Policy Background Checks and Verifications:
This offer is contingent on the successful completion of a background check. You will receive an email from the University’s background check vendor, HireRight, that will include the link to enter your personal information and authorization for the check. Please enter your information as soon as possible after receiving the link from HireRight Customer Support.
- Please review the “Required Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Exemption” addendum (pdf) and be prepared to bring acceptable proof of vaccination or completed request for exemption on your first day of employment. [Make sure to include the “Required Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Exemption” addendum (pdf) to the offer package.]
- Indicate that employee must continue to comply with any and all licensing, certification and other requirements of the position.
- Other provisions (e.g., computer).
- Indicate that use of information/data and information technologies resources and systems for personal gain or personal business is prohibited.
- Signature of authorized hiring authority.
- Signature of the employee accepting the terms and conditions of the position as described in the letter.