The University Wellbeing Program exists to provide open, flexible, customizable ways to help employees live balanced, fulfilling lives based on their own goals and needs.
Use the buttons below to log in to your account or sign up.
This approach is centered on eight dimensions of wellbeing: physical, emotional, intellectual, environmental, spiritual, social, occupational, and financial. Explore the eight dimensions of wellbeing.
About the Wellbeing Program
The 2021-2022 Wellbeing Program year holds exciting changes that will make it easier to earn points and enhance wellness. More options for points, no attendance maximums or minimums, and an expanded point system allow participants to explore all eight dimensions of wellbeing.
Learn more about 2021-2022 program updates, and download the program brochure for more information. The program year runs from September 1, 2021, to August 31, 2022.
Many of the Wellbeing Program features remain the same:
- Medical plan members can continue to save either $500 or $750 on their 2023 premiums, depending on who is covered on their medical plan policy.
- Only University employees who are enrolled in the University's medical plan (and their enrolled spouse) are eligible to participate in the Wellbeing Program.
- Participating employees and spouses can log in through Virgin Pulse’s engaging mobile app to stay connected with the Wellbeing Program no matter where you are.
- You can start earning points the first day you log in to the app.
- See the chart, below, for specific information on how many points you need to earn to get a discount:
|If your medical plan coverage is:||You need to earn at least:||To save this amount in 2023:|
|Employee only||5,000 points||$500|
|Employee and children||5,000 points||$500|
|Employee and spouse with or without children||
7,500 points (spouse participation is voluntary, but if they participate they will need to earn a full 2,500 of these points)
A Recognized Wellness Program
The University of Minnesota earned the Gold+Green award for 2019. Wellness by Design Awards are presented to Hennepin County employers that demonstrate accomplishments in management support, wellness infrastructure, communication, and programming directed at improving employee health. This award recognizes employers with successful health promotion efforts and the University received the "+Green" designation because it minimized its impact on the environment.
Many Wellbeing Program points are available through partners within and outside of the University. Learn more about the organizations and points-earning events that can help you support all eight dimensions of your wellbeing:
Questions About the Program?
For questions relating to registration issues, portal questions, syncing devices, and questions on last year's points, please contact Virgin Pulse:
- UMN-specific customer service line: 1-833-996-1870 (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 8 pm CT; accepts TTY services)
- Website: support.virginpulse.com
- Live chat: member.virginpulse.com (Monday – Friday, 1 am – 8 pm CT)
- Email: [email protected]
For UMN-specific programs, you can contact [email protected].