The University Wellbeing Program exists to provide open, flexible, customizable ways to help employees live balanced, fulfilling lives based on their own goals and needs.
Use the buttons below to log in to your account or sign up.
This approach is centered on eight dimensions of wellbeing: physical, emotional, intellectual, environmental, spiritual, social, occupational, and financial. Explore the eight dimensions of wellbeing.
The 2022-2023 Wellbeing Program year will be much the same as last year, with a few changes based on your feedback:
- Mindful Mondays and Mindful Mornings are now worth 200 points each.
- You can now receive points for attending unlimited webinars per program year.
- Bike commuting is now worth 25 points per day.
- Workouts you track via a fitness device that you've connected to your Virgin Pulse account are now worth 25 points for 45 minutes, 15 points for 30 minutes, and 10 points for 15 minutes.
- The Wellbeing My Way pledge limit has been adjusted from 36 entries to nine entries. However, each entry is now worth 200 points instead of 50 points so that you can still earn a total of 1,800 points.
- A COVID vaccine or booster shot is now worth 500 points, which is the same as the flu vaccine.
- Extension Center for Family Development webinars are now worth 200 points each.
The program year runs from September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023. As in previous years, only University employees who are enrolled in the University's medical plan (and their enrolled spouses) are eligible to participate in the Wellbeing Program.
|If your medical plan coverage is:||You need to earn at least:||To save this amount in 2024:|
|Employee only||5,000 points||$500|
|Employee and children||5,000 points||$500|
|Employee and spouse with or without children||
7,500 points (spouse participation is voluntary, but if they participate they will need to earn a full 2,500 of these points)
A Recognized Wellness Program
The University of Minnesota earned the Gold+Green award for 2019. Wellness by Design Awards are presented to Hennepin County employers that demonstrate accomplishments in management support, wellness infrastructure, communication, and programming directed at improving employee health. This award recognizes employers with successful health promotion efforts and the University received the "+Green" designation because it minimized its impact on the environment.
Many Wellbeing Program points are available through partners within and outside of the University. Learn more about the organizations and points-earning events that can help you support all eight dimensions of your wellbeing:
Questions About the Program?
For questions relating to registration issues, portal questions, syncing devices, and questions on last year's points, please contact Virgin Pulse:
- UMN-specific customer service line: 1-833-996-1870 (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 8 pm CT; accepts TTY services)
- Website: support.virginpulse.com
- Live chat: member.virginpulse.com (Monday – Friday, 1 am – 8 pm CT)
- Email: [email protected]
For UMN-specific programs, you can contact [email protected].