Planning to retire in the next 10 years? Get ready with resources offered through University partners and the Office of Human Resources.
One-on-one Sessions With Counselors
- Fidelity representatives can help you get ready for retirement and offer free and confidential retirement counseling. You can invite your spouse or another family member to attend as well.
- Call 800-343-0860.
- Schedule a meeting with the University’s Fidelity Retirement Planners.
- LSS Financial Services provides counseling to help with budgeting, student loans, and debt management and repayment. This confidential service is free to University employees and their spouses. You can invite your spouse or another family member to attend as well.
- Call 800-528-2926.
- MSRS retirement specialists are here to help you with MSRS pension plan questions and planning.
- University of Minnesota benefits counselors can help those who are near retirement. Call and schedule an appointment, especially if you are about six months from your retirement date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- Fidelity financial planning resources are available for all employees, regardless of if you have retirement savings with Fidelity. Check your retirement readiness score, or create an account to explore more options.
- Social Security offers tools to help you plan for using this benefit. Create an account and explore resources.
- Access life insurance and legacy planning resources through University vendor Securian.
On-demand Fidelity Webinars
Want more content or can’t make it to a live webinar? Explore these free webinars to learn more about retirement topics.